Skip to main content

Spring Cleaning...anyone?

Hello friends! Do you spring clean?... is my REAL question. I have never been a spring cleaner... at home. At work (My Gym) I had a bi-yearly cleaning schedule that my staff and I did religiously. But at home, it's a different ball game. Running around after my three, wonderfully loud kidlets makes thorough cleaning very difficult.

In past years I often said my husband and I were a great cleaning pair. I'm the day-to-day tidy-upper and he's the down and dirty Sunday scrubber! For us, it was a great system. The socks and crayons and food bits were taken care of daily by me and the real disinfecting was taken care of by my awesome man!

Flash forward to today, My husband's new career keeps him very busy on his feet for at least 12 hours a day and he's exhausted by the time he's home. To add insult to injury, he gets two days off a week but they aren't usually consecutive. What does that mean for me? Mostly, I miss my husband but secondly, I miss having a grime free bathroom.

I still take out the trash and recycling, wipe down the counters, do the dishes, clean the bathtub, clean the tabletops after the girls 'clean' them, sweep daily and do laundry, on top of all that I do to, for and with the kiddos. I don't want to scrub the toilet or mop the floors. I don't have the energy to do them either. But, they need to get done.

So, this year I think I'm going to give it a try, Spring Cleaning, that is.  Although I just cleaned everything when we moved in...it's probably time (a house with 5 people) to hit everything again. If you are like me and not a spring cleaner, here is a post from a blog I like that gives great tips and useful checklists to help you (and I) get it done in 2014! My favorite tips are to send the kids to a sitter for the day, create an upbeat playlist and take all of your cleaning supplies with you from room-to-room. Now, to get my head in the game.......

Happy Cleaning!


http://www.idreamofclean.net/tips-for-a-smooth-spring-cleaning-day/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+feedburner%2FcMwN+%28iDreamOfClean%29

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vacation

Is it a rule of the universe that when you travel with your kids they must always get sick? We just returned from visiting my mom in Florida for just over a week and this trip was actually different! Instead of one kid getting a little cold, two kids got a virus that landed one in the ER and one at an urgent care clinic! To make matters even worse, my tooth chipped and I had to go to a dentist the morning of our return flight! Talk about a whirlwind! Now were are back home and I have the pleasure of schedulling all of our follow up care. Love it!

3 under 3!

I am the mommy of three little girls all under the age of 3 years old! What?!?! That sounds so crazy! During my 20's I told everyone I wasn't 'birthin no babies'. There was always a part of me that wanted to be a mom but I never thought I would find love. I never really had any steady boyfriend either so it wasn't a part of my reality back then. Flash forward to my 30's, I moved to NYC, met and fell in love with Mark and now, here I am with 3 under 3. Not only do I have 3 kids but I am a stay at home mom. That means that I'm working 24/7 instead of 9-5! Not only am I on call 24 hours a day but I'm called upon most of the time also! When I was young my mom used to say ' I'm changing my name' and I only recently understood what she meant! I'm sure all mommy's know exactly what I mean. My husband is a great help! He does 90% of the cooking and he is great with the girls! In fact, we just signed Mikayla (2.8) up for swimming lessons a...

Week 1

Today in the end of my first week as a stay-at-home-mom! This week was full of ups and downs! Some of the ups were playing with my girls, starting a new session in our playgroup and seeing old friends, plus all of the hugs, kisses and smiles I got to witness throughout the week! As for some of the downs; Mikayla bit a hole through her lip at the playground on day 1. Malia had a diaper explosion all down the hallway on day 2. Mikayla had a total meltdown at the laundry mat on day 3. Malia was rough housing with one of the girls at the playgroup yesterday ( I think the girl's mom was annoyed). Plus, I ran myself into the ground yesterday and had to call daddy in for a Tag-team moment. He was awesome last night! He gave them dinner, bathed them and tired them out/ watched them while I got to rest and make a phone call! Go Daddy! I know this time with the girls is so precious! They will only be this little once! One thing I've heard all parents say is how quickly kids grow up. E...