Skip to main content

Relocation

Almost 5 years ago I moved to New York City with a dog and a car. This week I left with a family! I never could have imagined what my life would become at that time. I hadn't really dated much and hadn't even had a serious boyfriend.  My first apartment was across from where the new Yankee stadium was being built, I worked in my brother's office and knew no-one. My husband is the love of my life and my best friend rolled up in one!  We met while working together and I dragged him all around Manhattan trying new foods, seeing new places and trying new things! We had a blast and fell in love during the process.  Together we have build an amazing family!

So, here's the story of our trip: We started packing up our house on Thursday.  How crazy were we to think we could pack it up and get on the road on the same day! Insert sit-com laughter now... By Friday night, 6:00, we were finally ready to do the walk through with our landlord and return the keys. Mark painted the bedroom and livingroom back to white and we actually got our security deposit back! Great news! We stayed the night at his grandmother's house in Harlem and left around 11:30 am Saturday morning!

Traffic on the way to the GW bridge and again on The NJ Turnpike. By the time we got to the DC area it was about 5:00. So, we decided to keep trucking until about 9pm when we pulled of in Virginia and found a hotel. The girls loved the hotel. Jumping on the bed, taking a bath and running around! Plus, Cable! They got to watch the goodnight show on sprout before bed and all was well with the world!

Day 2 was Virginia, North and South Carolina. Mosquitoes, fast food on the go and restless little girls plagued our day and y the second night in a hotel the magic was gone, almost. This hotel room came with a crib... lots of fun climbing in and out and playing baby. By this night their schedule was sooo far out of the window that the two youngest ones couldn't fall asleep until after 11pm!!! So much for Mommy & Daddy wind down time!

Day 3 was the very last bit of South Carolina and all of Florida! We finally arrived to grandma's house by 8:30pm with screaming and crying and excitement all wrapped up! Hugs, kisses, food and bathroom visits were plentiful. After a good night's sleep we were back to work. Found a storage unit and unpacked our things. The last few days have been spent getting things we need to settle: baby gates for the steps, a new dresser for the girls, job for Mark, researching preschools, and lots of laundry.

We are all excited to make a life for ourselves in Florida! Here's to another wonderful 3-5 years full of growth, happy adventures and making new friends! Let's not forget lots of beach days! Check back soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 under 3!

I am the mommy of three little girls all under the age of 3 years old! What?!?! That sounds so crazy! During my 20's I told everyone I wasn't 'birthin no babies'. There was always a part of me that wanted to be a mom but I never thought I would find love. I never really had any steady boyfriend either so it wasn't a part of my reality back then. Flash forward to my 30's, I moved to NYC, met and fell in love with Mark and now, here I am with 3 under 3. Not only do I have 3 kids but I am a stay at home mom. That means that I'm working 24/7 instead of 9-5! Not only am I on call 24 hours a day but I'm called upon most of the time also! When I was young my mom used to say ' I'm changing my name' and I only recently understood what she meant! I'm sure all mommy's know exactly what I mean. My husband is a great help! He does 90% of the cooking and he is great with the girls! In fact, we just signed Mikayla (2.8) up for swimming lessons a

Vacation

Is it a rule of the universe that when you travel with your kids they must always get sick? We just returned from visiting my mom in Florida for just over a week and this trip was actually different! Instead of one kid getting a little cold, two kids got a virus that landed one in the ER and one at an urgent care clinic! To make matters even worse, my tooth chipped and I had to go to a dentist the morning of our return flight! Talk about a whirlwind! Now were are back home and I have the pleasure of schedulling all of our follow up care. Love it!

February 2012

Ok, the purpose of this blog was for me to start writing. I used to write stories and such and I always enjoyed the process. It has been more years than I would like to count since I have done any of it. As you can see, I have only 2 entries. Being a new full time stay at home mommy, preparing for baby #3 whom is due at any moment and trying to find time to write has been a huge challenge. I have decided that I really need to make the time to sit down and begin... Let's begin with this week. The weather has been unseasonably warm this week. We have had more outings than normal. We have our regular playgroup session every Thursday. Mark came with me this Wednesday for my weekly Doc visit which was a nice change. They went to the playground at least twice this week! We played out on the front porch, and a few trips to the corner & grocery stores. Phew! Lots of walking for a very prego mommy but good times! I did have a few days of very intense lower back pain. I thought at fi